The camping ministry of Orchard Park Presbyterian Church, Indianapolis IN
Visit us at orchardpark.org
Application for first-time counselors
A limited number of volunteer counselor positions are available in Camp Friendly for
youth active in Orchard Park's program who are juniors or seniors in high school OR are sophomores who have attended EPiC. Questions? Email us using the form on the
Applications of new counselor candidates are due no later than Feb.28. Scroll down for the application form for new counselors. This year we will also be holding short interviews with all candidates in a small-group setting.
Expectations of counselors:
• Counselors are active Christians, intent on growth in their own faith and excited about instilling faith in our campers.
• Counselors will make it a priority to arrange their schedule in order to attend pre-camp meetings and staff training at Pyoca the day before camp begins.
• Counselors will treat all campers with respect and fairness.
• Counselors will model Christian behavior at all times with their fellow staff members.
• Counselors will abide by the OPPC Child Protection Policy and complete the Background Evaluation Consent Form if they are over 18 and do not already have one on file.
• Counselors understand that camp is work, and not solely a time of recreation for the staff: fun is the byproduct of the week's activities.
• Counselors will take care of themselves during camp by getting appropriate rest, eating well, and seeking/following medical advice when not feeling well.
• Counselors will abide by all OPPC and Pyoca policies, including (but not limited to) the following:
- physical or verbal abuse of a camper shall be reason for removal from camp
- use of illegal drugs or alcohol, or engaging in inappropriate behavior, either with other staff members or campers shall be cause for immediate dismissal
- inappropriate or sexually-oriented language and actions will be avoided
- cheerful participation in all activities is expected unless medically unable
- all staff will share in responsibilities equally