If you're a veteran counselor, you know that there are a limited number of volunteer counselor positions available in Camp Friendly. This year we're asking you to declare your interest by submitting an application to be a returning counselor. Scroll down for the form.
Applications for returning high-school counselor candidates are due no later than Feb. 28. This year we will also be holding short interviews with all candidates in a small-group format. Questions? Email us using the form on the Contact page.
Expectations of experienced counselors:
• Experienced counselors are active Christians, intent on growth in their own faith and excited about instilling faith in our campers.
• Experienced counselors will make it a priority to arrange their schedule in order to attend pre-camp meetings and staff training at Pyoca the day before camp begins.
• In addition to other expectations, experienced counselors will serve as leaders and mentors to the less-experienced counselors.
• Experienced counselors will treat all campers with respect and fairness.
• Experienced counselors will model Christian behavior at all times with their fellow staff members.
• Experienced counselors will abide by the OPPC Child Protection Policy and complete the Background Evaluation Consent Form if they are over 18 and do not already have one on file.
• Experienced counselors understand that camp is work, and not solely a time of recreation for the staff: fun is the byproduct of the week's activities.
• Experienced counselors will take care of themselves during camp by getting appropriate rest, eating well, and seeking/following medical advice when not feeling well.
• Experienced counselors will abide by all OPPC and Pyoca policies, including (but not limited to) the following:
- physical or verbal abuse of a camper shall be reason for removal from camp
- use of illegal drugs or alcohol, or engaging in inappropriate behavior, either with other staff members or campers shall be cause for immediate dismissal
- inappropriate or sexually-oriented language and actions will be avoided
- cheerful participation in all activities is expected unless medically unable
- all staff will share in responsibilities equally
Application for returning counselors
The camping ministry of Orchard Park Presbyterian Church, Indianapolis IN
Visit us at orchardpark.org